B.Voc in AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY (AMT) (2021-22)
The automotive manufacturing technology of the twenty-first century is poised to advance at a rapid pace with greater emphasis on lightweight structures, high efficiency power trains, intelligent control systems, lower emissions, robust design and manufacturing, as well as improved comfort and safety. This program gives an opportunity for automotive engineers to learn to about lightweight materials, advancements in ergonomic and structural design, vehicle dynamics and control, and advanced manufacturing techniques
Objectives of the course
- Students will use the knowledge of fundamental technical sciences integrated with applied technical specialties, such as engineering materials and mechanics, and electrical circuits, and will successfully apply analytical techniques and problem-solving skills necessary to adapt to technological changes and for a career within the manufacturing industry.
- Students will use the academic experience from projects, classroom lectures, and On-Job Training, and will apply the in-depth technical knowledge attained in areas such as applied
mechanics, computer-aided engineering graphics, design, manufacturing processes and materials, tooling, automation and production operations.
- Students will effectively use their communication skills in oral, written, visual and graphic modes within interpersonal, team, and group environments.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism and ethics including a commitment to utmost performance quality and timeliness.
- Students will have the knowledge and skills to enter careers in manufacturing process and systems design, operations, quality, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, and sustainability.
- Students will have the ability to provide solutions and solve manufacturing engineering technology related problems.
- Students will have the technical background to advance in their careers with an understanding and necessity for personal integrity, ethical behaviour, cultural awareness, lifelong learning, and continuous improvement.
- Students will explain the concept in productivity, quality tools, and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality.
- Select and ascertain measuring instrument and measure dimension of components and record data.
Careers & Employability
On successful completion of the course the candidates shall be able to work in team of technicians in vehicle assembly & manufacturing with exposure to following skills.
- Works in an automotive manufacturing facility using the required personal protection equipment (PPE) with proper knowledge on first-aid, fire extinguishers and occupational health & safety practices.
- Operate different Types of Basic and Advanced Standard tools used in Automobile Manufacturing Process and performs various assembly processes using pneumatic tools, electrical tools, torque wrenches etc.
- Performs spot welding / robotic spot welding,CO2, Tig and Mig Welding of various structural components of vehicle body and other components during assembly
- Perform painting operations like surface cleaning, sealant application and spray painting with suitable guns.
- Perform all the installation/Fitment of the entire component on Trim Chassis Final Line of Vehicle Manufacturing.
- Perform Inspection and tests on various stages of Manufacturing and final product as per set standards.
Outcomes of the course
- Students will be able to describe the manufacturing and new technology applications in the automotive industry.
- Students will be able to evaluate automotive manufacturing techniques and designs.
- Students will be prepared to apply knowledge of automotive materials and structural design in the field.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Students will be able to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- Students will be able to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- Students will be able to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyse and interpret the results to improve processes.
- Students will be able to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.
6 months (1yr)
6 months (1.5yrs)
6 months (2yrs)
6 months (2.5yrs)
6 months (3yrs)
PG Diploma in Data Science & Analytics