The School of Automotive Skills came into existence in 2017, with a mission to impart knowledge, technical skills & hands-on training in automobiles, focusing on four wheelers, both petrol & diesel, tractor and agricultural implements. The program is designed to introduce the students to the operation of today’s complex vehicles by giving them a comprehensive understanding, basic to advanced, of various automotive systems like Transmission, Brakes, Steering and Suspension, Electrical and Electronics, and Engine Performance, etc. Students under this program will acquire the necessary skills to diagnose and repair mechanical and computer controlled electronic systems on the latest models of automobiles. The Indian auto industry is one of the largest in the world. According to Indian Brand Equity Foundation, the industry accounts for 7.1 per cent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). With such a huge market comes the requirement of skilled people for after sales service of automobiles where trained manpower is required. The School will create a new benchmark in skill development in the Automotive Industry by developing a work force which will be an ideal blend of technical skills and managerial expertise.
• To create an end-to-end implementation frame-work for skill development in automobile sector, providing opportunities for quality long and short-term skill training, by providing gainful employment and ensuring career progression that meets the aspirations of trainees.
• To establish cross sectoral, nationally and internationally acceptable standards for skill training in the country by creating a comprehensive program of teaching and training.
• To ensure high quality options for long term training benchmarked to internationally acceptable qualification standards, which will ultimately help to create a highly skilled work-force for the automobile sector.
• To develop and retain a network of highly qualified teachers & trainers in the automotive sector.
• To develop the School as a Centre of Excellence in skill development for Automotive Skills.
• Diploma (1 year)
• Advanced Diploma (2 years)
• B. Voc. (3 years)
Admission will be based on the merit.
|1st SEMESTER||3rd SEMESTER|
|10+2 (any stream) or ITI of minimum 2 years
after 10th/NSQF Level-4 passed from recognized board
|Merit of 1 year Diploma (NSQF Level 5)
after 10+2 / 3 years Polytechnic Diploma
in any stream passed from recognized board
The B. Voc. program is modular in nature with multiple exit points at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and B. Voc. Each of the six semesters carries 30 credits, resulting in a total of 180 credits for B. Voc. The credits are accumulated from Certificate to B. Voc. as given below:
|II||6 months (1 yr)||60||Diploma|
|III||6 months (1.5 yrs)||90||—|
|IV||6 months (2 yrs)||120||Advanced Diploma|
|V||6 months (2.5 yrs)||150||—|
|VI||6 months (3 yrs)||180||B. Voc.|
Undergoing the B. Voc. Program in Automotive skills will equip the students with all necessary and essential attributes to service, maintain and over haul various types of automobiles. This in turn will make them ready for the huge market of service and maintenance as well as proficiency in running their own entrepreneurial venture.
The students will be eligible for various positions, starting from entry level in the automobile service sector, of various brands of cars and tractors.
Infrastructure and Equipment
Internal combustion engines are those engines where the combustion is carry out inside the engine cylinder. The term internal combustion engine usually refers to an engine in which combustion is intermittent, such as the more familiar four-stroke and two-stroke piston engines, along with variants, such as the six-stroke piston engine and the Wankel rotary engine. The internal combustion engine is quite different from external combustion engines, such as steam engines in which the energy is delivered to a working fluid not consisting of, mixed with, or contaminated by combustion products. Working fluids can be air, hot water, pressurized water or even liquid sodium, heated in some kind of boiler.
It can provide high power-to-weight ratios together with excellent fuel energy density. Generally using fossil fuel engines have appeared in transport in almost all vehicles. The internal combustion engines appear in the form of gas turbines.
A gas turbine, also called a combustion turbine, is a type of internal combustion engine. It has an upstream rotating compressor coupled to a downstream turbine.
Energy is added to the gas stream in the combustor, where fuel is mixed with air and ignited. In the high pressure environment of the combustor, combustion of the fuel increases the temperature. The products of the combustion are forced into the turbine section. There, the high velocity and volume of the gas flow is directed through a nozzle over the turbine’s blades, spinning the turbine which powers the compressor and, for some turbines, drives their mechanical output. The energy given up to the turbine comes from the reduction in the temperature and pressure of the exhaust gas.
LIST OF EQUIPMENTS:-
• Fuel supply of diesel engine model
• Four stroke single cylinder diesel engine
• Cut section model
• Four stroke four cylinder petrol engine
• Cut section model
• Cooling system of automobile model
• Stroke single cylinder diesel engine
• Calorimeter to plot heat balance sheet
• Model steam engine
• Model wancal motor
• 150 cc petrol engine
• Gas analyzer