The School of Manufacturing skills started functioning in the beginning of 2018 and is one of the most sought after schools of CCSD. It offers a healthy atmosphere for the overall development of the students.
The Manufacturing concept is the only one giving real practical skill, with a rich manufacturing environment and highly skilled trainers. The training is done in small groups (maximum 15 in number) with multiple trainers, for personalized guidance. Each theoretical concept is illustrated by a practical application. There is close relationship with industry through internships and exchanges and well prepared course material with the support of experienced skill specialists
• To apply concepts by reviewing master theoretical principles
• To practice activities in the same way as in real life (industry) – one man one machine
• To be able to prepare his work (work plan)
• To have strong skills in conventional machining
• To have strong skills in CNC programming and machining (up to 7 axes machines)
• To have a good knowledge of related disciplines (design, metrology & quality)
• To get ready for industrial environment (productivity, evolution, polyvalence)
• Diploma In Manufacturing (1 Year)
• Advanced Diploma in manufacturing (2 years)
• B. Voc. In Manufacturing (3 years)
|1st SEMESTER||3rd SEMESTER|
|10+2 (any stream) or ITI of minimum 2 years after
10th / NSQF Level – 4 passed from recognized board
|Merit of 1 year Diploma
(NSQF Level – 5) after 10+2 / 3 years Polytechnic Diploma
in any stream passed from recognized board
Admission will be based on the merit.
The B. Voc. program is modular in nature with multiple exit points at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and B. Voc. Each of the six semesters carries 30 credits, resulting in a total of 180 credits for B. Voc. The credits are accumulated from Certificate to B. Voc. as given below:
|II||6 months (1yr)||60||Diploma|
|III||6 months (1.5yrs)||90||—|
|IV||6 months (2yrs)||120||Advanced Diploma|
|V||6 months (2.5yrs)||150||—|
|VI||6 months (3yrs)||180||B. Voc.|
The student can pursue a career as manufacturing, as Sheet metal and Welding specialist, as Assembly and Maintenance specialist or as Tool Maker in private, public and government sectors.
Infrastructure and Equipment
• CNC Turning Centre (Stallion 100Su)
• CNC Machining Centre (VMC-400M)
• CNC Machining Centre (VMC-400M)
• CNC Wire Cut (Sprint Cut)
• CNC Train Master (HMT: T-70 Pc)
• CNC Trainer Mill (MTAB: XL-Mill)
Machine shop was established in 1969 to impart technical skill in students in the area of machine tool operations and maintenance. Students get practical hands on experience and help industries to achieve quality and productivity. The practical work focused on the present requirement of the industries to compete in the global environment.
The setup area of the machine shop is 12000 Sq. ft. The machines available in the workshop includes Lathe machine, Horizontal Milling machine, Vertical milling machine, Shaper machine, Tool & cutter grinder, Surface grinder, Power hacksaw, Band Saw, Column drill machine, CNC Lathe machine, CNC Vertical machining centre, CNC Wire Cut EDM, Bench vices, Pedestal grinders, Gear Shaper, Gear hobbling machine, Cylindrical grinder machine.
FWSMT workshop was established in 1969 to enable the students to operate various welding/equipment independently so as to acquire thorough knowledge and develop competence in the field of welding. It mainly emphasis on the practical work associated to industry. The trained students will help industries in the welding area to improve quality and work condition with high productivity.
The setup area of this workshop is 7000 Sq. Ft. This workshop consists of Arc Welding machine, MIG Welding machine, TIG Welding machine, TIG spot welding set, Air-cooled Arc welding, Submerged arc welding machine, Butt Welding machine, Projection Welding machine, Spot welding machine, Gas welding set, Cutting set, Rectifier set, Air plasma cutting machine and Seam welding machine.
Software version-2013 is featured with new and improved 2D/3D interface. The computer lab is equipped with the above AUTOCAD software with sufficient licenses and can be utilized for 2D drafting for different engineering applications like Civil, Mechanical, Architecture, etc. The lab is also equipped with an A-0 size plotter.
• Master CAM Software version – 2017.
• Many other machines to make students familiar with world class equipment.