Diploma in Web Designing
Web Development is an evergreen technology. Today the world is dominated by web. Every business is now conducted globally using the web. In this digital world, the online presence on the web is very important for every organization to advertise, promote and sell their products and services to worldwide user. Community College of Skill Development offers a Diploma program in Web Designing and B.Voc program in Web Development that equips aspirants to master the technique of creating and designing user friendly websites and applications. We are specialized in providing excellent guidance to students for mastering in all new techniques of designing and development to build highly customized and coherent applications. The first and necessary step for that goal is to understand how HTML works, and then we will proceed to more advanced and complicated structures and concepts of web design, such as CSS and layout control. A series of tasks (website evaluation, website development, reflective report, collaborative website development, website self-assessment) as well as several group activities (discussions, online resource sharing and collaborative work) will help you gain practical experience on web development and a thorough understanding of web design issues. Students will use software technologies together to produce web design projects. This course will give you a grounding in the nuts and bolts of the tags, script, and code that create web pages. It will not turn you into a programmer, but it will help you understand how the web and web pages work. This knowledge will allow you to build on the skills you will have and to understand the potentials and limitations placed on writing for web pages.
Objectives of the course
- Understand the principles of creating an effective web page, including an in-depth consideration of information architecture.
- Become familiar with graphic design principles that relate to web design and learn how to implement theories into practice.
- Develop skills in analyzing the usability of a web site.
- Understand how to plan and conduct user research related to web usability.
- Publish web pages, directories, and asset content to production sites.
- Be able to embed social media content into web pages.
- Understand the function of copyright in relationship to web design and coding.
- Plan site content and navigational structure.
- Learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS.
- Learn techniques of responsive web design, including media queries etc.
Careers & Employability
Web Designing or Web Development is a professional job oriented course. A little bit of hard work and self-confidence is enough to become a successful web designer. For starting a career in Web Development, here is a list of available types of positions and jobs:
- Many private and public organizations hires web designer for their online work and website development.
- With the rapid advent of online industry, the demand of web development professionals is increasing and this has created a huge job opportunities for the aspirants in the upcoming days.
- An experienced person in this field can also work as a freelancer.
- There are many online companies which provide online projects to the individuals.
Outcomes of the course
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Create an Information Architecture Document for a web site.
- Students will demonstrate cross-platform (web, mobile, broadcast, print) skills.
- Students will utilize coding and software tools to analyze and present data in a professional manner that could be translated to web-based or app-based media.
- Construct a web site that conforms to the web standards of today and includes e-commerce and web marketing.
PG Diploma in Data Science & Analytics