PG Diploma in Data Science & Analytics
The PG Diploma in Data Science and Analytics is the course that introduces students to decision making that is driven by big data and analytics. The PG Diploma in Data Science is a 12-months, 2-semester course that takes students through the intricacies of Data Analytics. The program offers a right blend of statistics, technical and business knowledge.
The curriculum has been designed with multiple industry leaders to ensure that you learn exactly what the employer’s need. The program assumes no prior knowledge of coding in Python, R or SQL and begins from fundamentals. By the end of the program the candidates have a deep understanding of statistical techniques critical to Data Analysis and they are able to create Analytical models using real life data to drive business impact. Post Graduate Program in Data science is an interdisciplinary field that strives to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms and employs techniques and theories drawn from many fields within the broad areas of mathematics, statistics, operations research, information science, and computer science.
Objectives of the course
- The main objective of Post Graduate Program in Data Science is to introduce participants to the tools and techniques used for handling, managing, analysing and interpreting data.
- The program builds a solid foundation in Data Science & Analytics by covering industry standard tools and techniques through a practical, industry oriented curriculum.
- It helps in recognizing and analysing ethical issues in business related to intellectual property, data security, integrity, and privacy.
- It helps in demonstrating knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilized in business decision making.
- Students can apply principles of Data Science to the analysis of business problems.
- Students can data mining software to solve real-world problems.
- Students can apply algorithms to build machine intelligence.
Careers and Employability
Data Scientists Are in Constant Demand. Here are some of the leading data science careers:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Product Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Architect
Outcomes of the courseAfter the course, students will be able to:
- Perform data analysis and modelling as well as predictive analysis. They will be able to utilise data visualisation skills for storytelling, which is a skill considered to be crucial in decision making for businesses.
- Use and understand the main technologies of big data to enable the deployment of enterprise information management as well as to solve business problems.
- Under the purview of PG Diploma in Data Science, learn AI (artificial intelligence) as well as about neural networks in order to facilitate the creation of intelligent and innovative machines.
- Apply methods, techniques, and tools like R, Python, SQL, Excel etc. to real-world problems.
- Students will become adept in predicting outcomes, cleaning and unifying messy and complex data sets, etc.
Preamble: Data Science refers to extraction of knowledge from large volumes of data that arestructured or unstructured, which is continuation of data mining and predictive analytics. It involves different categories of analytical approaches for modelling various types of business scenarios and arriving at solution and strategies for optimal decision-making in marketing, finance, operations, organizational behaviour and other managerial aspects. This new field of study breaks down into a number of different areas, from constructing big data infrastructure and configuring the various server tools that sit on top of the hardware, to performing the analysis and developing the right transformations to generate useful results.Course Fee: Rs. 95,650/- (Annually)
- BE / B.Tech / MCA/M.Sc./BCA / B.Sc (Maths / Stats / Operation Research / Economics / Computer Science / Information Technology).
- Candidates who have appeared in the final semester examination and awaiting results may also apply. However, they have to submit proof of passing all semester examination/final degree at the time of start of the course. Otherwise no certificate will be issued.
- On the date of counselling/admission, the candidate must produce the original mark lists up to the last semester/year of examination.
PG Diploma in Data Science & Analytics