PG. DIPLOMA IN DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS (UGC Approved) (2019-2020)
1. Opening of Online Application Form on University website: 31.07.2019 (Wednesday).
2. Last date for submission of Online Application Forms duly filled in for admission at the University website: 24.08.2019 (Saturday).
3. Availability of the list of the candidates for entrance test on University website: 26.08.2019 (Monday).
4. Date & Time of Entrance Test: 28.08.2019 (Wednesday),
11:00 A.M. -12:00 noon.
(Note: Students must report at examination center before 1 hour of commencement of exam.)
5. Declaration of Results: 31.08.2019 (Saturday).
6. 1st Counseling by respective Department: 02.09.2019(Monday).
7. 2nd Counseling by respective Department: 03.09.2019(Tuesday).
8. Spot admission (if seats remain vacant): 04.09.2019 & 05.09.2019.
9. Selected candidate should submit their Course fee at the time of counselling.
10. Date of Commencement of the course work classes: 09.09.2019 (Monday).
Candidates are required to make the payment of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC / ST Category) via online payment gateway for application form/registration fee through Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking or by E-Challan.
The candidate without depositing the fee, will not be allowed to appear in Entrance Test.
Preamble: Data Science refers to extraction of knowledge from large volumes of data that arestructured or unstructured, which is continuation of data mining and predictive analytics. It involves different categories of analytical approaches for modelling various types of business scenarios and arriving at solution and strategies for optimal decision-making in marketing, finance, operations, organizational behaviour and other managerial aspects. This new field of study breaks down into a number of different areas, from constructing big data infrastructure and configuring the various server tools that sit on top of the hardware, to performing the analysis and developing the right transformations to generate useful results.
Objective of the Course:
The Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Analytics a unique12 Month program offered by J C Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA, Faridabad is an excellent blend of knowledge and practice in the field of Data Science and its industrial applications. The program is targeted for creating qualified Data Science professionals. The Program also offers six weeks of hands-on real – life analytical projects for participants to get equipped with strong analytical and programming which makes them highly demanding and employable on completion of the program.
The objective of this program is to make Data Scientists and Data Analysts. There is a huge demand for resources skilled in Data Science. The MCKINSEY Global Institute has predicted that in forthcoming years by 2020, the world will face a shortage of 38-40 million highly skilled manpower with deep analytical skills that can leverage data analysis to make effective decisions for their organizations. So it is quite obvious that existing resources along with new candidates who are interested in perusing career in this field needs to be trained. Our objective is to create a pool of talent who can meet this demand. This course is meant to sensitize students for computational statistics applications and usage as well as provide hands-on experience with solving real world data science issues.
Outcome of the Course:
On completion of the Course, the Participants will learn the concept of Data Analytics using open source statistical tools like R, Python and some very good visualization tools and techniques. Student will also learn skills like SK Learn, Machine Learning, Orange, Hadoop and SQL. They will be able to implement industry oriented Data.
Course Fee: Rs. 97,500/- (Annually)
- BE / B.Tech / MCA/M.Sc./BCA / B.Sc (Maths / Stats / Operation Research / Economics / Computer Science / Information Technology).
- Candidates who have appeared in the final semester examination and awaiting results may also apply. However, they have to submit proof of passing all semester examination/final degree at the time of start of the course. Otherwise no certificate will be issued.
- On the date of counselling/admission, the candidate must produce the original mark lists up to the last semester/year of examination.
Number of Seats: 20 (Twenty)
All interested candidates are required to fill the Registration form with registration fees before 15th August, 2019 with all the necessary following documents.
- Original and self-attested Copies of Proof of Age, Qualifications, etc.
- One passport size photograph and one stamp size photograph for identity card.
- Self-attested copy of Govt. issued photo ID card (AADHAR Identity proof must for SC/ST Candidates).
- Self-attested copy of community certificate (if availing SC/ST fee concession)
Selection Criteria of candidates:
Selection of candidates will be based on their marks in the qualifying examination and the on-line admission test conducted by university subject to eligibility and availability of seats.
Note: Haryana state reservation policy will be followed in admission.
Duration: 60 Minutes
Venue: J C Bose University of Science & Technology, Faridabad, Haryana
- Aptitude (20%)
- Logical reasoning (20%)
- Fundamentals of Computer (20%)
- Applied Statics (40%)
All candidates provisionally shortlisted after entrance test will have to be present personally for counselling and admission on respective dates with all the necessary documents (originals and attested copies).
Unfilled/vacant seats are filled through spot admission. Spot admission (if open) will close within 02 (Two) days of Counselling/Admission of a particular course. On spot admission students should provide an undertaking saying that he/she is fully aware that he/she missed so much days of class and will not ask for extra classes or further extension of course.
Students who have been selected for test/interview/counselling/admission are required to report to the Institute on the prescribed day by 9:30 hrs along with the documents.
Discontinuing the course:
No fees (including the caution deposit) under any circumstances, shall be refunded in the event of a student discontinuing the course. No certificate shall be issued for the classes attended.
This program is a practical oriented one and hence there shall be more labthan theory classes. The classes and labs are from 9.00 am to 5:00 pm.
Students can enquire about the various courses either on telephone (7303025060) or by personal contact between 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. Monday to Friday.
CoE, J C Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA, Faridabad.