Skip to content
As per Haryana Act No. 21 of 2009 (section 11):
- (1) The Registrar shall be appointed by the Chancellor on the advice of the Government.
- (2) The Registrar shall be Chief Administrative Officer of the University. He shall work directly under the superintendence, direction and control of the Vice-Chancellor.
Powers and duties of Registrar as per statues:
- (i) The Registrar shall be the ex-officio Secretary of the Executive
- (ii) When the office of the Registrar is vacant or when the Registrar is by reason of illness, or any other cause, unable to perform the duties of his office, the duties of the office shall be performed by such person, as the Vice-Chancellor may appoint temporarily for the purpose till regular appointment is made by the Chancellor on the advice of Government.
- (iii) It shall be the duty of the Registrar—
- (a) to be the custodian of the records, common seal and such other property of the University, as the Vice-Chancellor shall commit to his charge;
- (b) to issue all notices convening meetings of the Court, the Executive Council, the Academic Council, the Faculties and any committee appointed by any authority of the University;
- (c) to keep the minutes of all meetings of the Court, the Executive Council, the Academic Council, the Faculties and any committee appointed by the authorities of the University;
- (d) to conduct the official correspondence of the Court, the Executive Council, the Academic Council and the Faculties;
- (e) to supply to the Chancellor, copies of the agenda, the minutes of the meetings of the authorities of the University, as soon as they are issued;
- (f) to perform such other duties, as may, from time to time, be assigned to him, by the Vice-Chancellor.
- (iv) The Registrar shall have power to administer warning or to impose the penalty of censure or withholding of increments upon such of the employee, excluding teachers of the University and academic staff, as may be specified in the orders of the Executive Council and to suspend them till pending enquiry :
- (v) An appeal shall lie to the Vice-Chancellor against any order of the Registrar imposing any of the penalties specified in clause
- (vi) In case the inquiry discloses that a punishment, beyond the powers of the Registrar is called for, the Registrar shall, upon conclusion of the inquiry make a report to the Vice-Chancellor along with his recommendations :
- (vii) The Registrar shall be the authorized officer to enter into agreements, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the University and shall act in such capacity when the appropriate authority has taken a decision m the matter. The Registrar shall also exercise such other powers and perform such other duties, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.